NEW 1300-cores (strands) fibers cable, will play 24 bits audio with a 192 kHz sample rate ( 24/192). MiniPlug to MiniPlug Optical Cable Super Polished on 0.3 micron film.
Digital audio cables for Dolby Digital and DTS surround sound receivers, DVD players, CD players, minidisk players and recorders, MP3 and DAT recorders, professional Audio Cards for Computer Digital Audio workstations, 5mm diameter High Transmissivity Optical Digital Audio Cable. Precision termination, polished on 0.3 micron film, for low loss connection.
All Metal Shell Toslink Connector, colors available: Gold Yellow; Red; Violet; Light Brown; Blue; Silver (cable color is always black). All assemblies comes with dust caps attached to cable via cable strap.
Here is a picture of how the cable looks like, partial view (about 3%) Magnification 400x
Number of fibers 1300 inside 1mm, each core diameter is 24.8-μm (microns), in comparison average human hair is about 90-μm
Advantages of small core fiber:
- Small cores significantly lowers (almost eliminate) "Modal Dispersion" in comparison to Standard Single core 1000-μm fiber.
What is dispersion?
It is a High Order Mode signal delay that is caused by light bouncing from side to side in the core fiber. The signal spreading in 24-μm fiber is much, much lower than the single core POF 1000-μm fiber. The smaller the fiber core the smaller the modal dispersion.
Modal Dispersion is not much of a problem with 16-bit low frequency (48kHz) audio but it starts to be noticeable already with 16bit/96kHz. At 24/96 modal dispersion causes the signal to fail in most Large (1mm) Single Core (SI) POF.
When adding high frequency to the equation, (in single large core fiber) the pulse modes that bounce from side to side arrive slower that the modes that travel through the centre of the core and causes the signal to fail.
- Bend Radius. With Small Core the bend radius is 1mm in comparison to the standard single core fiber requirement was more than 9mm.
- Light weight and flexible, no need for heavy armored cables and/or extra protection vs. Glass Toslink Cable.
- Bend Radius 1mm
- Attenuation less than 0.6dB per meter @650nm.
- Numerical Aperture (N.A.) 0.5
- Supports 24/192 kHz signal
- Please choose color and length from the box below.
- We can make any color, any cable length next day shipping. For Cables shorter than 1m select option "S". Specify length in "Message Text Box" when checking out. Measure the length from tip of the ferrule to tip of the ferrule.
Custom labeling; including printing bar codes on heat shrink tubing or vinyl labels available (see picture).
DEALERS & OEM INQUIRIES WELCOME
NO RETURNS OR EXCHANGES FOR CUSTOM LENGTHS SHORTER THAN 1 METER.
Click on this link for
Short Cables "U" shaped application information, requirements.
Korean ordering instructions - 한국어 주문 지침 (courtesy of Mr. Younggab Lee)
Select length option "S" for a short cable and provide "center to center" distance in check-out text message.
In addition the short cables are also available "without Shell" which make them even shorter.