Short 90-deg Toslink to MiniPlug, Toslink to Toslink or MiniPlug to MiniPlug 2.2mm Jacket Optical Cable Super Polished on 0.3 micron film.
Digital audio cables for iBasso, iRiver, Sonosax SX DA-2 DAC, HeadRoom Portable Micro Amp, Cio MB-1, SONY HI-MD MZ-RH1 and other equipment. NEW 1300-cores (strands) fibers cable, 2.2mm diameter jacket High Transmissivity Optical Digital Audio Cable will play 24 bits audio with a 192 kHz sample rate ( 24/192). Precision termination, polished on 0.3 micron film, for low loss connection.
Here is a picture of how the cable looks like, partial view (about 3%) Magnification 400x
Number of fibers 1300 inside 1mm, each core diameter is 24.8-μm (microns), in comparison average human hair is about 90-μm
Advantages of small core fiber:
- Small cores significantly lowers (almost eliminate) "Modal Dispersion" in comparison to Standard Single core 1000-μm fiber.
What is dispersion?
It is a High Order Mode signal delay that is caused by light bouncing from side to side in the core fiber. The signal spreading in 24-μm fiber is much, much lower than the single core POF 1000-μm fiber. The smaller the fiber core the smaller the modal dispersion.
Modal Dispersion is not much of a problem with 16-bit low frequency (48kHz) audio but it starts to be noticeable already with 16bit/96kHz. At 24/96 modal dispersion causes the signal to fail in most Large (1mm) Single Core (SI) POF.
When adding high frequency to the equation, (in single large core fiber) the pulse modes that bounce from side to side arrive slower that the modes that travel through the centre of the core and causes the signal to fail.
- Bend Radius. With Small Core the bend radius is 1mm in comparison to the standard single core fiber requirement was more than 9mm. We can make a 90 degree permanent bend radius on this fibre, but that is not possible with Glass Toslink cables.
- Light weight, no need for heavy armored cables and/or extra protection vs. Glass Toslink Cable.
- Bend Radius 1mm
- Attenuation less than 0.6dB per meter @650nm.
- Numerical Aperture (N.A.) 0.5
- Supports 24/192 kHz signal
We have done cables for the following units :
Cowon Plenue, Lotoo PAW 5000, Chord Mojo, AK120, AK120ii, AK100, Hugo, Centrance XL, iBasso DB2, FOSTEX HP P1, iQube V3, MyST1866, iBasso D12, xDuoo XD-01, E17, Leckerton UHA-6S iHP120, iHP140, Fiio X3, Cio MB-1, Sonosax SX DA-2 DAC, HeadRoom Portable Micro Amp, Cio MB-1, SONY HI-MD MZ-RH1 and more.
How to Order:
- We have done many settings/configurations. If we don't have (dimensions for your setting) or you have a special configuration provide a picture showing front ports with a ruler across the ports, like on a sample below
NOTE: We will calculate cable and angle from the picture you provide.
If you have a Velcro in between your units measure the distance "center-to-center"
For example when ordering you can provide information like:
- For Chord Mojo/AK100/AK120/AK120ii Tolsink to MiniPlug dia. 5mm - 4.35cm c2c 29deg.(diagonal connection)
- For Chord Mojo/AK100/AK120/AK120ii Toslink to MiniPlug dia. 2mm/5mm - ~2.2cm c2c 90deg. (MiniPlug port directly above Toslink)
- For Hugo/AK240, Toslink to MiniPlug dia. 5mm - 6.5cm c2c 21.deg.
- For AK120/Centrance M8, Toslink to MiniPlug dia. 2.2mm - 3.4cm c2c 32deg.
NOTE: The only difference between 2.2mm vs. 5mm is the jacketing and 5mm is more heavy duty.
Examples of "U" shaped applications.